Easier Remote Access
When you want to access SNC's licensed database content from off campus, you will need the following information:
· Students: Use your first initial and your last name as the username and your 9 digit student ID number as the password.
· Faculty/Staff: Use your SNC email username as the username and your SNCSIS ID number as the password.
If you have questions or problems, please contact the library at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Environment Complete (EBSCO) Full text database covering , ecosystem ecology, energy, natural resources, marine & freshwater science, geography, pollution & waste management, environmental technology, environmental law, public policy, social impacts, urban planning, and more
- Environmental Sciences & Pollution Management (LIRN) Includes several subfiles including Ecology Abstracts and Environmental Impact Statement Abstracts
- LexisNexis Full text of national and regional newspapers, broadcast transcripts, international news, some environmental journals, federal and state laws, and more
Sampling of Articles
Ecology and Task Structures in Adventure Education - Journal of Experiential Education, 2009
Leave No Child Inside - Sierra. 2006
Promise on the Prairie - Sierra, 2009
The Benefits of Outdoor Education Experiences on Today's Youth - North American Association of Environmental Education, 2007
The Case for Interdisciplinary Environmental Education and Research - American Journal of Environmental Sciences, 2009
The Power of Nature and the Nature of Power - Canadian Journal of Environmental Education, 2009
Using the Significant Life Experience Framework to Inform Program Evaluation: The Nature Conservancy's Wings & Water Wetlands Education Program - Journal of Environmental Education, 2009
Articles that appear in periodicals--such as newspapers, magazines, or scholarly journals--are good resources to use in your research as they can support an argument, explain a topic, or provide additionalperspectives on an issue.
The library subscribes to databases to provide access to a wide variety of articles. They content contained in these databases are typically not freely available on the internet. When searching on the free interenet, you may find articles that request payment for access. But with the library databases, the library (your tuition) is paying for that access for you. Please don't every pay to download an article from the interst--talk to a library or email email@example.com and we can most likely get a copy for you at no charge.
Journals Available in Library
This is a list of magazines that Prim Library subscribes to the print versions of that may aid you in your research projects in Outdoor Adventure Leadership.
- Green Teacher
- Journal of Experiential Education
- Journal of Outdoor Recreation, Education and Leadership - on campus access only
- Sierra - from the Sierra Club